- All proposals are due by Friday, June 19, 2020.
- Sessions are scheduled for Monday, Tuesday morning, and Wednesday morning.
- General duration is 60-75 minutes.
- Expect roughly 20-40 people in attendance per session (overall conference attendance is expected to top 300 people).
- Interactive formats are strongly encouraged with plenty of opportunity for questions and dialogue from participants. Please limit the number of panelists to no more than four to allow for audience participation.
- Rooms are equipped with a PC laptop, PowerPoint, projector and screen, speakers, flipcharts, and markers. If you wish to use your own computer - especially Mac users - you need to supply your own connector.
- In keeping with this year’s theme, we strongly encourage topics of community conservation and how our programs are maintaining relevance in 2020. What innovative forward thinking opportunities are being achieved?
Session Selection Criteria
The COSA Steering Committee will review and select session proposals using the following set of criteria:
- Topics that focus on current successes, engagement, innovation, innovation, and the future of open space in Colorado and beyond.
- Relevance of the topic to local open space programs and other conservation organizations.
- Overall balance of program topics.
- Ability for audience interaction.
Session Coordinator Requirements
- Each submitted proposal must designate a Session Coordinator, including sessions involving panel discussions.
- COSA will only send information to the Session Coordinator.
- Session Coordinators must ensure all session presenters are registered and adhere to all registration deadlines.
- Session Coordinators and panel members are expected to coordinate and pay for their own travel and lodging.
Neither honoraria nor travel expenses will be paid to session presenters. All session presenters and panelists are required to register and pay the conference registration fee. Consideration may be given to non-governmental open space program presenters to waive conference registration in lieu of honoraria. This is at the discretion of the Steering Committee.
Need to save your progress and return later?
Click Save and Continue Later and the bottom of the page to get a special link that you can use to return and finish the RFP.
Please note that file uploads are not saved when using Save and Continue Later. You'll need to reattach them when you're ready to submit your RFP.