- All proposals are due by Friday, May 14, 2021.
- Sessions are scheduled for Monday, Tuesday morning, and Wednesday morning.
- Session duration is either 60 minutes or 75 minutes.
- Please include information about your ability to pivot this presentation to an outdoor setting, a virtual setting, or smaller than normal group sizes.
- Preference will be given to interactive presentations that invite dialogue, discussion, and constructive debate and those that can adapt to different venues as described above.
The theme for the 2021 conference is Expect the Unexpected: Building Resilience to Adapt to Change. All proposals will be considered, but preference will be given to proposals that address the theme of resilience.
- Innovative management of land with limited staffing.
- Managing extreme increases in usership.
- Educating and welcoming new users.
- Tackling large wildfires and fire mitigation.
- Balancing a shrinking budget in a pandemic.
- Responding to demographic shifts and serving inordinately impacted populations.
- Climate adaptation strategies.
Session Selection Criteria
The COSA Steering Committee will review and select session proposals using the following set of criteria:
- Topics that address the conference theme.
- Relevance of the topic to local open space programs and other conservation organizations.
- Overall balance of program topics.
- Ability for audience interaction.
Session Coordinator Requirements
- Each submitted proposal must designate a Session Coordinator, including sessions involving panel discussions.
- COSA will only send information to the Session Coordinator.
- Session Coordinators must ensure all session presenters are registered and adhere to all registration deadlines.
- Session Coordinators and panel members are expected to coordinate and pay for their own travel and lodging.
Neither honoraria nor travel expenses will be paid to session presenters. All session presenters and panelists are required to register and pay the conference registration fee. Consideration may be given to non-governmental open space program presenters to waive conference registration in lieu of honoraria. This is at the discretion of the Steering Committee.
Need to save your progress and return later?
Click Save and Continue Later and the bottom of the page to get a special link that you can use to return and finish the RFP.