Thank you for considering submitting a COSA session proposal in 2023! Without presenters like you, the annual COSA conference would not be possible. Please see the information below to learn more about the conference, this year’s theme, and the selection criteria.
The deadline for submitting 2023 proposals is 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, April 25.
- Sessions are scheduled for Monday (October 2), Tuesday morning (October 3), and Wednesday morning (October 4).
- Session duration is 75 minutes.
- Preference will be given to interactive presentations that invite dialogue, discussion, and constructive debate.
The theme for the 2023 conference is From Legacy to Lasting Impact.
What innovative open space practices and policies have enabled us to be where we are today? What do we need to be thinking about in the future to carry us forward? All proposals will be considered, but preference will be given to proposals that address topics of legacy and forward thinking.
Session Selection Criteria
The COSA Steering Committee will review and select session proposals using the following set of criteria:
- Topics that address the conference theme.
- Relevance of the topic to local open space programs and other conservation organizations.
- Overall balance of program topics.
- Ability for audience interaction.
Session Coordinator Requirements
- Each submitted proposal must designate a Session Coordinator, including sessions involving panel discussions.
- COSA will only send information to the Session Coordinator.
- Session presenters are not automatically registered for the conference. All presenters must register for the 2023 conference separately when registration opens.
- Session Coordinators must ensure all session presenters are registered and adhere to all registration deadlines.
- Session Coordinators, presenters, and panel members are expected to coordinate and pay for their own travel and lodging.
A Word document and PDF of the application are available for planning purposes. Submissions are only accepted via the Google form linked above.
If you have questions or need assistance with submitting a proposal, please contact Jenn Almstead.
Fund Development & Projects Specialist
Larimer County Department of Natural Resources