LLarimer County Natural Resources is pleased to announce a job opening for an Accountant II position. Please see below for link and further information. https://careers-larimer.icims.com/jobs/3421/accountant-ii/job Accountant IIJob ID 2019-3421Position Type Full Time – RegularHiring Pay/Range $24.21 – $26.64Closing Date Open until filledDepartment Natural ResourcesReporting Location : Location US-CO-Loveland
Larimer County Department of Natural Resources
Natural Resources manages Larimer County’s great outdoor places, including open spaces and magnificent water-based recreation areas, and fosters responsible land stewardship through weed management and healthy forest practices. The Department of Natural Resources has 40+ benefited employees and 125+ seasonal and part time employees.
Our mission is to establish, protect, and manage significant regional parks and open lands providing quality outdoor recreational opportunities and stewardship of natural resource values. We are committed to fostering a sense of community and appreciation for the natural and agricultural heritage of Larimer County for present and future generations.
The intermediate level Accountant position performs under the guidance of management personnel, responsible for conducting important phases of the organization’s budget and accounting work.
Larimer County Department of Natural Resources is seeking a skilled and talented individual to join our team.
Specifically this position:
- Works with Director and Managers to establish and manage Department budgets
- Control, monitor, and coordinate budget for various functions, funds and projects
- Audit, research and analyze transactions to resolve budget inquires or issues
- Review budget and accounting processes within scope of work
- Balance and summarize expenditures as needed
- Manage cost accounting and allocation pools to ensure appropriate sharing of expenditures
- Input financial data, create reports and communicate trends
- Maintain accounting files by reviewing, monitoring, balancing and preparing journal entries
- Use accounting principles to organize business matters
- Understand budgets, accounting methods, procedures and terms
To review the full job description, please click here for Accountant II
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3 years relevant experience
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the County tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
Other Information to Note:
- This is a Regular, year-round position.
- This position is full time, working 40 hours/week Monday-Friday.
- This position is eligible for benefits.
- This position will be based at the Natural Resources Administration Office at 1800 S. County Rd 31, Loveland, CO.
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background test. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
- This posting is "Open until filled" and may close at any time. Once we begin the interview process, we may not consider additional applicants unless a candidate is not hired from the interview pool.
In addition to competitive, market-based pay, Larimer County offers excellent employee benefits for all regular and limited term employees.
Larimer County benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement plans – mandatory 401(a) & voluntary 457(b)
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Wellness Clinic (must be enrolled in the County’s medical plan)
- Professional development trainings
Temporary employees may qualify for medical benefits if eligibility requirements are met.