The COSA Steering Committee is recruiting two new members. If you’re interested, consider these eligibility requirements and responsibilities:
- Must be a local government open space/open lands program employee with agency approval and support. We strive for broad representation of programs from across the state: large/small; city/county/district; geographically dispersed; and mature/new programs.
- Have fun working alongside friends from across the state.
- Term of service is 3 years. Multiple terms may be served.
- Attend Steering Committee meetings (3-4 per year: Oct./Nov., Jan., May, Aug.) and actively engage with at least one COSA subcommittee (see list below). Time requirements vary, depending on tasks, and are usually greatest in spring and late summer preparing for the fall conference. All members actively participate in the conference. Plan on a minimum commitment of 10 hours/month.
- Commit sponsor funds and other support from your agency.
- Contribute enthusiasm and energy for helping COSA evolve as an organization.
- Represent COSA at occasional statewide events, as needed.
To apply, please send your letter of interest, including qualifications and proof of agency support, to tnielsen by April 1, 2021. The steering committee will review applicants and anticipates appointing new members in May 2021. For more information, see the attached job description, also posted on the COSA web page.
Tina Nielsen | Special Projects Manager
Boulder County Parks and Open Space
(303) 678-6279 | tnielsen