We are creating a new position for an Outdoor Recreation/Environmental Planner to join our collaborative and purpose-driven team.
See you in Vail October 11-13!
213 Linden Street, Suite 300
Fort Collins, Colorado 80524
C (970) 481-9398
OUTDOOR RECREATION/ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNER – FORT COLLINS
Logan Simpson’s goal remains simple: to help guide responsible change. From the beginning, our founders were focused on protecting natural resources and advancing the wellbeing of our communities. Our brand and logo reflect the stewardship and balance between the natural and built environments, and draws inspiration from stone, water, and living things.
Logan Simpson is an award-winning, multidisciplinary planning, design, and environmental firm that is looking to add the right staff member to our diverse, collaborative, and innovative Team. This hybrid remote/in-person position would be located in our Old Town Fort Collins Office, Colorado, but we are open to a position in one of our Mountain/Southwest communities.
This candidate will support new and existing projects on public lands and communities throughout Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Utah, New Mexico, and Arizona. We are seeking candidates who must be able to learn from and contribute to our integrated internal culture; maximize the opportunity to learn new techniques and skills, and bring new tools and ideas to the table.
Duties and responsibilities include assisting with multi-disciplinary projects such as master plans and resource management plans for federal, state, and local land managers. Work will include researching and writing existing condition reports, mapping, coordinating project management activities, managing public involvement input, developing action plans, and performing other duties as required. Occasional out-of-state travel to visit project sites and attend public outreach events should be anticipated. Self-starters with an eye for detail, a dedication to accuracy, and a passion for not just incorporating best practices, but identifying and testing new planning ideas, practices, and technologies, are encouraged to apply.
- Two+ years of experience with a planning consulting firm or federal, state, or local open space or outdoor recreation department.
- Advanced knowledge of environmental planning focused on outdoor recreation, open space planning, and/or public land management.
- Familiarity with natural resources of the intermountain west.
- Ability to synthesize and present complex ideas through text and graphics.
- Strong persuasive verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, multitask, and be able to adjust to daily changes in priorities to meet deadlines.
- Desire to work independently, yet collaboratively in a team environment.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with a willingness to expand knowledge base and problem-solve regarding a wide range of projects in a wide range of topographies.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Planning, Natural Resources, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Studies, or closely related field.
- Experience using Esri’s ArcGIS suite of products, including ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online (Web AppBuilder, Story Maps, Dashboards, ArcGIS Hub), Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with Creative Suite such as InDesign and Illustrator.
Logan Simpson offers full- and part-time staff members a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include: subsidized medical and dental plans, firm-paid Life/AD&D, and Long-Term Disability coverage, and a 401(k) with a firm match! Additional benefits include, paid time off starting at 16 days off per year, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, paid parking, and a reimbursement for transit costs, along with a leadership development program, weekly training opportunities, mentorship, and purpose-driven work.
If interested, please apply at https://logansimpson.com/about/careers/.