Thorne Nature Experience is hiring! Thorne Environmental Educators work year-round to foster deep nature connection through joyful, place-based, hands-on experiences. Educators teach and support Thorne’s In-School, After School, Field Trip, Summer Camp, and Community Programs. Educators also provide opportunities and access to nature for all. Programs currently run in-person but do incorporate elements of virtual modalities.
Thorne Nature Experience is a non-profit organization committed to building Earth stewardship by connecting youth to nature. Founded in 1954, Thorne has a rich history and has reached more than 300,000 children and adults through its programs in Boulder County.
This job is for you if you:
· Have passion for nature and the outdoors
· Are an experienced Instructor, especially in an informal and outdoor setting
· Have strong communication skills with adults and children
· Have a good knowledge of Colorado ecology and natural science
· Have an understanding of Social Emotional Learning techniques
· Have good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and roles, patiently and professionally
· Are proficient with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Google Drive
· Are conversational/proficient in Spanish
Full position descriptions are on Thorne’s website, http://www.thornenature.org/get-involved/employment/.
If you have any questions, please contact Maggie Vest Engelman at maggie.
Maggie Vest Engelman
School Programs Manager
Thorne Nature Experience
1466 N. 63rd Street
Boulder, CO 80303
303.499.3647 ext. 103