Please see an exciting job opportunity with the City of Fort Collins!
To view the full job description click the link below.
POSITION TITLE: Sr Planner, City (Senior Environmental Planner) (Full-Time Regular) (Classified)
REQUISITION #: req5589
DEPARTMENT: Comm Dev & Neighborhood Svcs
LOCATION: 281 OFFICE BLDG
BENEFIT CATEGORY: Classified (Non-CBU) View Classifications & Benefits
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time Regular
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $62,272.00 – 103,787.00 (Salaries are paid biweekly)
ANTICIPATED HIRING ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $85,000.00 – 95,000.00 (Salaries are paid biweekly)
SELECTION PROCESS: Application deadline is 3:00 p.m. MT on 8/14/2022.
The Senior Environmental Planner leads a team of environmental planners in the Community Development & Neighborhood Services Department. The team reviews all development plans for compliance with local environmental regulations; leads the creation and implementation of new environmental codes and policies; inspects development site to support ecological restoration; and partners with other departments to implement the Nature in the City Strategic Plan, Our Climate Future Plan, Parks and Recreation Master Plan, and other adopted plans and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of the primary functions of this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Recommends governmental measures affecting land use, environmental resources, public utilities, community facilities, historic preservation, housing and transportation to control and guide community development and renewal.
- Manages projects by reviewing development applications for compliance with City regulations and coordinates additional review by other departments and/or agencies which includes logistical and technical support.
- Delivers presentations and reports to members of the public, developers, City boards and commissions, committees, and the City Council.
- Schedules and facilitates meetings with applicants, consultants, community members and others as necessary.
- Leads a team of planning staff. Provides overview and guidance of the work done by other staff and oversees special programs within the department.
- Leads projects and is responsible for final product timelines.
- Prepares staff reports, plans, policies and summaries for management, boards and commission, and City Council consideration.
- Assists in policy formation and code changes.
- Provides public information regarding development proposals, policies, regulations and City projects.
- Collaborates with other City departments to create and implement plans, policies and regulations with a variety of focus areas.
- Partners with community members, federal, state and local authorities, civic leaders, social scientists, land planning and development specialists and community partners to devise and recommend arrangements and strategies that meet code requirements and policy objects and reflect current community values and priorities.
- Prepares plans, strategies, and policies for adoption by the City Council.
- Responsible for researching existing conditions and industry best practices. May compile and analyze data on historical, economic, environmental, social, and physical factors affecting resources and prepare or requisitions graphic and narrative reports on data.