Do you have open space, natural resource management, or conservation expertise that you’d like to share? We are seeking presenters for this year’s COSA conference, themed “Open Space: Open to All.” The conference will be held in Breckenridge at the Beaver Run Resort on September 18-20. The deadline to submit your proposal is May 19, 2017.
Keeping with this year’s theme – which centers on inclusivity – strong preference will be given to proposals that focus on the following topics:
1. Ethnic inclusivity
2. People with disabilities
3. Age (getting kids and seniors outdoors)
4. Conserving diverse landscapes (there’s more than just mountains)
In addition to sessions about inclusivity, conference attendees have requested sessions based on the topics listed below. However, any presentations that engage session participants and help expand our collective knowledge are welcome!
Requested session topics:
· Balancing multiple uses and/or beliefs (e.g. conservation v. public access, hikers/walkers v. bikers, climbing management, etc.)
· Managing use of new technologies (e.g. eBikes, drones, etc.)
· Wildlife management and reintroduction
· Public engagement and communication
· Think creatively! What are you and your partners doing that will inspire others?
Workshops are 75 minutes in length and will have roughly 20-40 people in attendance (overall conference attendance is expected to top 250 people). Preference will be given to interactive presentations that invite dialogue, discussion, and debate.
Please submit your session proposal in the format described in the attached document by email with the subject line “2017 COSA Session Proposal” to jtenneson. All proposals are due by close of business on Friday, May 19, 2017.
Grants & Acquisitions Manager
Arapahoe County Open Spaces
6934 S. Lima Street, Unit A, Centennial, Colorado 80112
Office: 720.874.6723 | Cell: 720.822.2275 | Fax: 720.874.6743