Snyderville Basin Special Recreation District in Park City, Utah is hiring a Part-time Seasonal Open Space Stewardship Technician.
Description: Performs maintenance and stewardship for open space properties and associated trails. This position can be structured into an internship if desired.
- Perform noxious weed management practices by way of hand pulling, mechanical treatment or by safely applying a variety of herbicides and other types of chemical agents
- Operate hand tools and small power tools, ATVs/UTVs, backpack sprayers, electric bicycle and 4WD vehicles
- Conduct open space site visits for monitoring purposes and document each visit
- Perform data entry and prepare necessary records and reports including maintenance logs, work orders, safety inspections
- Remove trash and debris from open space
- Assist in the construction and maintenance of natural and soft surface trails
- Assist in the manual routine maintenance and repair work on all types of trails, trailheads, and open space within District’s jurisdiction
- Assist in maintenance and repairs to all trail signs in the District’s jurisdiction
- Assist in construction projects
- Perform all duties with safety as a top priority
- Perform all duties while consistently upholding and demonstrating the District’s Core Values as stated in the Policies and Procedures
- Assist in the set-up and tear-down for trail events
- Volunteer supervision
- Assist with wildlife habitat improvement and restoration projects
- Provide stewardships and education to the public through field contacts and organized events
- Assist in the cleaning and organization of shop area
- Assist other departments as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic understanding of ecology, wildlife, botany or natural resource
- Bachelor’s degree, or working towards a degree, in ecology, biology, or natural resources management
- Utah Department of Agriculture Certified Operator of Pesticide Application License or equivalent license from another state
- Experience in landscape or trail maintenance
- Knowledge of, or experience, using ArcGIS Desktop, Online or Collector
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications or Wilderness Responder
- A valid US driver’s license and willingness to take a driver’s safety class
- If offered a position with the District, employment will be conditioned upon the results of a background check.
- This position is subject to pre-employment drug and random drug testing.
- Flexible start date approximately 5/1 – 8/30.
- Potential internship if desired.
Jessica Kirby, GISP
Open Space Management Supervisor
Snyderville Basin Special Recreation District
5715 Trailside Drive
Park City, Utah 84098
office: 435-649-1564 Ext. 26
Parks • Trails • Open Space • Recreation