Eldorado Canyon State Park is hiring a maintenance assistant. This is a 40-hour per week position that starts on July 2nd, 2018 and runs until November 30th, 2018. Depending on weather, funding, and availability, there may be an opportunity to extend the position through December.
The first and foremost responsibility of the position is to assist in keeping the park’s facilities clean, operational, and safe. Although a large portion of the job involves trail work, forestry, invasive weed management, small engine maintenance, volunteer management, and other outdoor endeavors, this job requires chores before fun.
The essential portion of this job requires meticulous attention to:
* Cleaning indoor and outdoor restrooms
* Managing trash and recycling facilities
* Cleaning and maintaining a 30-table picnic area
* Cleaning and organizing the park’s maintenance facilities
Experience with the following skillsets is helpful but not necessary. The ideal candidate will have a desire to push themselves and learn about:
* Trail work – especially building with large stone in challenging terrain. Eldorado Canyon has one of the nation’s finest networks of climbing access trails, and there’s a lot of work to be done.
* Forestry. The park’s 1400 acres is largely wooded; Between hazard trees, diseased trees, and fuel mitigation, there are endless opportunities to improve forest health in the park.
* Invasive weed identification and management. The park is next to a major water supply for the Boulder area – we do lots of hand pulling and community organizing to safely manage weed infestations.
* Small engine maintenance. The park has a selection of chainsaws, pole saws, weed whips, OHV’s, generators, and other small equipment that needs regular care.
* Volunteer management. Eldorado Canyon’s stewardship programs rely on our volunteers.
This is a great opportunity for someone considering a career in the outdoors. When the main facilities are clean and ready for the day, we’ve got a lot of great chores in one of the most beautiful outdoor settings in Colorado. The opportunities for passionate, meaningful work that benefits visitors and the environment are boundless. If you enjoy finishing a day’s work exhausted, dirty, and knowing that you’ve made a difference, this is probably a good fit.
The pay range is from $12 to $16 per hour, depending on enthusiasm, job experience, good references, and a desire to learn. PERA benefits are included. Housing is not available.
All employees have to work at least one weekend day and all major holidays thru Labor Day.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to:
Application Deadline: June 8, 2018
Interviews: June 10-14, 2018
Start Date: July 2nd, 2018
Mike McHughPark Resource Technician
Eldorado Canyon State Park
P 303.494.0659 | F 303 499 2729
103 Eldorado Springs Drive, Eldorado Springs, CO 80025
mike.mchugh | http://cpw.state.co.us