TEENS, Inc. Youth Corps (TYC) Director
TEENS, Inc., a highly successful and impactful, youth serving organization in Nederland, CO. is accepting applications for a program director.
The TYC Director assists with most programs at TEENS, Inc. During the school year, this person works primarily with students in our alternative high school (Chinook West) and with youth in a milieu setting during after school hours. During the summer this person is outdoors almost every day doing physical work (trail building, fire mitigation and a lot of noxious weed removal) in all sorts of weather with 4 – 6 youth employees. This position works Monday – Friday year round. This person must be willing to work until 10:00 pm on Friday nights during the school year.
Primary duties during the school year
· Support Chinook West students and overall program implementation by acting as an adviser / tutor / counselor for students, assisting with field trips, monitoring student progress and holding them accountable, and participating in overnight learning expeditions (4 – 10 nights / year).
· Oversee Teen Center hours (1 night / week till 7:00pm; and Friday nights until 10:00 pm during the school year). Build positive, consistent relationships with youth, provide support and interventions as needed, oversee youth employees, assist with special events and encourage participation.
· Build partnerships, participate in collaborative efforts, and plan for summer youth corps program.
Primary duties during the summer
· Responsible for the overall program development and day to day operations of TEENS, Inc. Youth Corps including hiring 12 – 20 crew members; developing partnerships; marketing and outreach; scheduling; crew member development; documentation of project impact; overall site and risk management.
Qualifications Ideal candidate will possess the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in recreation management, education, outdoor education, human services or related field.
· Wilderness First Responder
· Experience working with youth in an outdoor setting.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills. Computer, written and verbal.
· Ability to connect with youth in a variety of settings utilizing a positive youth development approach.
· Experience / knowledge of youth corps and associated technical skills (trail building, noxious weed removal, fire mitigation).
· A strong affinity with our core values, found here: http://www.teensinc.org
Compensation and benefits
$31,000 – $35,000 / year depending on experience, health insurance, IRA with employee contribution, 10 holidays + 3 weeks paid time off (primarily used during the school year), access to a variety of pro deals from outdoor industry retailers.
Please send resume and cover letter to stephen.