The Region Coordinator is an advocate for the visitor and quality control throughout assigned parks in JCOS’s North region. The North Region Coordinator performs administrative and general project coordination duties that include but are not limited to: budget development and monitoring, suggesting projects, scheduling and evaluating park improvements as they pertain to design, maintenance, visitor experience and construction. The Regions Coordinator will coordinate park improvements related to the quality of experience at Jefferson County Open Space (JCOS) in the north Jeffco Open Space region, which consists of approximately 14 parks.
As the North Regions Coordinator you will:
· Administer and monitor park projects and improvements which enhance the visitor experience in approximately 14 JCOS parks.
· Coordinate the identification, documentation and prioritization of asset management, park improvement projects and management needs for each park within a region.
· Collaborate with staff teams and park visitors to develop a list of projects to implement which support individual Park Plans.
· Provide consistent and constant quality control oversight in all assigned parks.
· Reviews current visitor information/visitor experience and implements standards-based improvements in the short and long term.
· Assists with visitor information monitoring, updates and upgrades for parks including wayfinding, kiosk information, trail signs and interpretive signs by park.
· Make adjustments based on established or revised outcomes. Coordinate internal (organizational) and external (public) communication regarding activities in parks in the assigned region.
· Reports back on performance metrics related to organizational mission, vision and goals.
· To ensure goals and projects implemented by this position are grounded in the reality of day-to-day park operations and the front-line visitor experience, this position is required to spend at least 8-10 hours per week in the field working directly with other front-line staff through ride along work or conducting their own work.
· Conduct inspections of park improvements for public safety, visitor experience, natural and park resource protection and maintenance issues.
· Work with region staff teams to ensure documentation, review and updates of park plans.
· Work with supervisors and managers to develop teams associated with project implementation and maintenance.
· Working with the JCOS Community Engagement team, provide regular updates regarding status of projects and priorities to park visitors.
· Present project updates to stakeholders including the Open Space Advisory Committee, the Board of County Commissioners, cities and districts within Jefferson County, and other partners. Keep appraised of other park and open space programs. Develop a relationship and effective tools to engage visitors, peer agencies and other partners.
Applications are accepted until May 12, 2019. Please visit the link below for more information or to apply.