The Town of Breckenridge is hiring a full-time Open Space Coordinator/Natural Resource Specialist. Click here to apply and feel free to contact me for more information.
The Open Space Coordinator position is responsible for planning and administering natural resource management programs, including restoration activities, and functions as a natural resource specialist. Additional responsibilities include performing complex professional and administrative level duties, designing and implementing land management projects, site planning, and natural resource efforts with staff, contractors, partners, and regulatory agencies, providing professional information and assistance to other Open Space & Trails and Town staff, writing and managing grants, studying and preparing reports, assisting in land acquisitions, and performing related work as required under the direction of the Open Space & Trails Manager.
The individual in this position is responsible for the full range of professional and technical natural resources management work in open space and trails, natural resource protection and restoration activities, in addition to providing project coordination for Cucumber Gulch Preserve research and management. The Open Space & Trails Coordinator also prepares and maintains a variety of records, reports, plans, and resource inventories and serves as a specialist in resource management, natural science, and open space administration. Additionally, the individual in this position establishes and maintains effective working relationships with supervisors, other Town employees, and the general public through honest, open communication and follow-through on commitment. This individual professionally interacts with all levels of the Town of Breckenridge and outside organizations through high level verbal and written communication skills. Building, leveraging, and maintaining partnerships and collaborations are key focus areas of this position.
Essential Job Functions
For additional information regarding this position including important roles, essential job functions & duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required, materials and equipment used, working environment, and physical activity required, please view the full position description.
· BA/BS degree in natural resource management or a related field required.
· Two to four years of natural resource management related work experience required.
· Two (2) years direct employee supervision required.
· Strong computer proficiency, including experience working with Microsoft software such as Excel, Word, and Outlook, required.
· Must pass a criminal background check as described in the Recreation Department Criminal History Background Check & Confidentiality Policy.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
· Master’s degree in natural resource management or related field preferred.
· Previous grant writing and management experience preferred.
· Demonstrated experience working with volunteers desired, including recruiting, training, directing, organizing, and motivating volunteer teams.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
· Community CPR, first aid and AED training required within 60 days of hire.
· Preventing disease transmission (PDT) required within 60 days of hire.
· Valid Driver’s license and acceptable Motor Vehicle check required prior to employment.
· Colorado Driver’s license required within 30 days.
Here’s the full link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/breckenridgeco/jobs/2705214/open-space-trails-coordinator-natural-resource-specialist?keywords=open&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Open Space & Trails Manager
Town of Breckenridge
PO Box 168
Breckenridge, CO 80424