The City of Boulder Parks and Recreation Natural Lands work group is hiring a six month temporary position.
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) & Conservation Technician
OVERVIEW OF ROLE: The IPM and Conservation Technician position is a dynamic role that is part of a team of professionals who manage the natural areas of the Parks and Recreation system. They will work across multiple disciplines including IPM/restoration, wildlife management, community engagement and natural lands maintenance.
EXAMPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
Integrated Pest Management and Restoration
- Removes noxious and invasive weeds by utilizing assorted mechanical methods (digging, hand pulling, whipping, tractor and mower operation, chainsaw) and by chemical control (backpack spraying, wicking, stump treatments). May implement biological and cultural control methods.
- Assists with restoration projects such as native tree/forb planting, watering duties, re-seeding, seed collection, mulching, mitigation work and wildlife habitat enhancements.
- Performs wildlife surveys such as early morning prairie dog counts, ANS monitoring, bird observations and evening frog surveys.
- Performs wildlife mitigation with a focus on prairie dog management including relocation and utilizing exclusionary measures such as installing and maintaining barriers.
- Assists with volunteer, jail crew, youth crew and community service projects.
- Assists with public environmental education and outreach programs including tabling and trail monitoring.
Natural Lands Maintenance
- Performs trash removal and restroom maintenance.
- Assists with maintenance and construction of infrastructure including fencing, trails and signage.
Reporting & Communications
- Maintains detailed records of work performed and resources used. Performs data entry and provides information for reports.
- Utilizes technology to collect and update data.
To view the full job description and to apply, please visit https://bouldercolorado.gov/human-resources/city-jobs. To find it the fastest, type IPM into the search and be sure you are applying for the Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and Conservation Technician position with Parks and Recreation. Please spread this far and wide.
Natural Lands Program Coordinator
Boulder Parks & Recreation
3198 Broadway | Boulder, CO 80304