Under general supervision, the Park Services Specialist will be responsible for operating trucks, heavy equipment, power and hand tools in order to perform routine maintenance and restoration to the development of fences, entry roads, parking lots, picnic areas, campgrounds, and buildings. This position is responsible for vandalism and graffiti mitigation on Jefferson County Open Space parks. The Park Services Specialist will provide training and oversee seasonal technicians, as well as perform park inspections, snow removal, and act as the first point of contact to the public.
The Park Services Specialist will be able to:
· Building maintenance and janitorial duties of Open Space buildings and facilities
· Ensure the proficient and safe operation of all vehicles, equipment, stationary and hand-held power tools.
· Interacting with the public to represent the County and Open Space when in the field.
· Assisting with the training and daily oversight of seasonal workers.
· Inspecting park properties and amenities.
Additional duties with those with a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) A. (Highly preferred):
· Snow removal duties.
· Operate tandem trucks to move material and equipment including trailering. Must possess Class A CDL holders with air brake restriction removed
· Operation of heavy equipment like road graders, backhoes and skid loaders
For more information or to apply visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/jefferson/jobs/2834191/parks-services-specialist-cdl-class-a