Are you looking for a new and challenging opportunity to enhance the Open Space and Trails of Eagle, CO. Have you dreamed about living and working in the high country of Colorado? Are you a team oriented Open Space and Trails Manager professional with a minimum of 4 years of directly related experience in open space/trails management and/or pertinent planning experience as well as 4 years supervisory experience?
See attached posting or Click on the link for more information and to apply: Eagle Open Space & Trails Manager link to apply
OPEN POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Deadline to apply: 09/25/2020
The ideal candidate is a collaborative and team oriented professional with a strong commitment to quality and service. Requires the ability to model Town of Eagle staff values of integrity, respect, commitment, responsibility, collaboration, and leadership. Must be serious about relocating to Eagle County.
Job Summary: The Open Space and Trails Manager position performs complex open space and trail planning and land acquisition duties in accordance with the Town’s Comprehensive Plan, Open Space Plan, Trails Master Plan and Trails Standards and Guidelines. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to strategic planning for the open space program, coordinating and administering open space and trail activities, planning long range open space goals, acquiring new open space lands, managing the annual open space budget, securing grant funding, preparing management plans for select open space properties, coordinating projects in conjunction with the Open Space & Recreation Advisory Committee and other planning department and Town staff, fostering healthy partnerships with outside partnership organizations. In addition to the oversight of Open Space and Trails programs and initiatives, this position is responsible for coordinating special events associated with, but not limited to foot and bike races using trails and open space, and other duties as assigned.
Hiring Range: $76,801 – $96,001 annually, DOQ
• A bachelor’s degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture, Parks and Recreation Administration, Natural Resources Management/Conservation or a related field is required. Master’s Degree preferred.
• GIS – proficiency or demonstrated ability to work with geographic systems.
• A minimum of four (4) years of directly related experience in open space/trails management and/or pertinent planning experience is required. Property negotiation experience preferred.
• A minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible supervisory experience in managing employees is required.
• Demonstrated experience in public, written and non-verbal communications to include oral and written presentation, public presentations and negotiation skills. Strong computer literacy to include word processing, spreadsheet and mapping applications. Previous grant development/management experience preferred.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and motor vehicle records check.
Please email me if you have any questions,
Human Resources Manager
TOWN OF EAGLE
200 Broadway, PO Box 609, Eagle Co 81631
Direct: 970-328-9618 Fax: 970-328-5203 (currently not being monitored, please email)
CLICK BELOW FOR TOWN WEBSITE, NEWS, EVENTS OR TO PROVIDE FEEDBACK:
Sender and receiver should be mindful that all my incoming and outgoing emails may be subject to the Colorado Open Records Act, § 24-72-200.1, et seq.