Jeffco Open Space is in search of a GIS Technician in the Open Space Division.
As our GIS Technician, you will be responsible for compiling, verifying, maintaining, and inputting information into multiple databases. Utilizes Geographic Information System (GIS) software and hardware to digitize and enter data. Performs technical work supporting desktop, database, and/or GIS functions. Generates maps and data driven summaries to provide information and support department objectives.
Providing work examples (Data, Maps, Links portfolios, etc.) is required for all applicants being considered for this position.
The Jefferson County Open Space Mission is to:
• Preserve open space and parkland.
• Protect park and natural resources.
• Provide healthy, nature-based experiences.
Core Job Functions:
- Utilizes local and cloud-based GIS platform to create and maintain GIS data layers by gathering information from internal and external sources, maps, plans and reports.
- Utilizes existing department database functions and tools to support analysis, cartography, and information deliverables within Geodatabase and Enterprise environments.
- Prepares and maintains metadata for data and supporting programs.
- Produces and maintains static and interactive maps utilizing cartographic branding standards, templates, and stakeholder input.
- Assists workplace proximity associates with GIS questions and deliverables.
- Participates on department project teams as GIS subject matter expert.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in GIS, geography, computer science, environmental systems, or similar
- Must have 1 or more years of experience in land management, geography, GIS, IT, or similar
- 2 or more years of experience in land management, geography, GIS, IT, or similar
- Prior experience using ArcGIS Desktop.
- GIS Certificate
Knowledge, skills, and attributes that would be beneficial and lead to success in this role include:
- Must have current knowledge of principles, methods, and technologies related to GIS.
- High attention to detail and ability to record data in a legible manner.
- Knowledge and skills in Microsoft Excel & Window-based applications.
- Exceptional customer service
- Effective communicator
Application Deadline 2/2/2021