Hi COSA Community,
Thorne Nature Experience is currently hiring for the following positions: Summer Camp Instructor, Bilingual Summer Camp Instructor, Summer Camp Field Assistant Intern, and Summer Camp Teaching Assistant.
Thorne Nature Experience is a non-profit organization that is committed to building Earth stewardship by providing youth with joyful, hands-on, place-based environmental education experiences that foster an emotional connection to nature. Join us in getting youth outside and connecting to the wild landscapes of Colorado!
What type of people make the best staff?
We are looking for people who have the following qualities:
- Experienced teachers/paraeducators, environmental educators, and Summer Camp professionals. Instructor position requires 460+ hours of verifiable experience since turning 18.
- Are inspired by our mission of connecting youth to nature and making sure that ALL youth have access to nature, with an emphasis on low-income and Latino youth
- Enjoy engaging with children through outdoor exploration
- Love nature and working outside
- Thrive in a role as a mentor
- Ability to step into a leadership role and work independently when needed, plus interest in collaborating with teammates whenever possible
- Are excited about working at a trailblazing non-profit that is progressive, collaborative, and supported by a nature loving team
Thorne Summer Camp Info:
- HOW DO I APPLY? Complete our online Summer Camp Staff Application on Thorne’s website to get started! Full job descriptions are available on Thorne’s website, http://www.thornenature.org/get-involved/employment/. Full time and part time positions available.
- Camp Info: Thorne Summer Camp has been connecting youth to nature since 1957! Thorne offers day camps in Boulder and Lafayette for youth ages 3-15. Thorne’s outdoor “Camp Experiences” inspire exploration in nature and offer just the right mix of fun and hands-on learning with a focus on themes like survival, nature art, wild nature play, and more. Our camp believes that everyone should be able to experience the joy of nature and provides full scholarships to 25% of our campers!
- Dates: Two-week long day camps run from June 1, 2021 through August 6, 2021. Training May 22-23, 2021.
- Locations: Thorne has camps in Boulder and Lafayette
- Money & Perks: Thorne offers generous pay packages comparative to other environmental education non-profits. See specific job descriptions for information on compensation. Summer Camp staff also receive deals on gear and discounts with several Thorne partners including a local yoga studio and rock climbing gym.
- Community: As a Summer Camp staff member, you will become part of a team of nature-oriented professionals who receive support from our camp leaders, develop environmental education skills, and enjoy a community of peers who value a profound connection to nature in our lives.
- Questions? Contact Carrie Riesberg, Summer Camp Manager, at 303.499.3647 x110 or Carrie.
Also, if there are interested people who do not have the experience required to be an Summer Camp Instructor, there are Summer Camp Teaching Assistant positions, which is a great way to gain experience. More information and ways to apply are found on our website: maggie.
Maggie Vest Engelman
PROGRAM MANAGER – Field Trip & Volunteers
Thorne Nature Experience
1466 N. 63rd Street
Boulder, CO 80303