Under general supervision and as a member of the Open Space GIS Team, this Analyst position is responsible for GIS services and operational support within the Jefferson County Open Space department. The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfills GIS Team projects, tasks, and programs (operations) in support of organizational needs as discussed with Team and/or supervisor.
- Promotes best GIS practices utilizing best available industry resources as well as team generated workflows, standards, and infrastructure.
- Collaborates by attending GIS Team and other Team meetings; provides updates on GIS Team projects, tasks, and programs.
- Compiles, manipulates, and analyzes geospatial data to assist Open Space departments in making data-driven decisions.
- Implements and collaborates on the production of high quality maps and visualizations for visitor education, meetings, reports, presentations, etc.
- Facilitates GIS projects through information gathering, data and technology assessments, and organizational needs.
- Educates staff and GIS users of various skill levels on best internal GIS operational processes, applications, and industry resources.
- A Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of equivalent education and/or experience plus a minimum of 1 years related work experience.
For more information and to apply, please go to the link below: