ERO is a Women-Owned Small Business that has consulted on environmental issues throughout the Intermountain West since 1981. For 40 years, our environmental consulting firm has served clients in Colorado and the West with an enduring commitment to quality and integrity. Our diverse team of scientists, planners, and subject matter experts work together to craft innovative solutions that respond to our clients’ resource issues. ERO takes pride in providing services that are efficient, effective, and responsive to our clients’ needs and expectations. We strive to balance development with the natural environment within a framework of legal requirements, agency compliance, and public involvement.
Due to being a federal contractor ERO must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 which requires all employees, including fully remote workers, be vaccinated or receive a formal accommodation by December 8th.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for maintaining relationships with ERO’s existing clients; promoting ERO in our target markets; identifying new job markets, clients, and business opportunities; and marketing ERO’s services. This member of ERO’s team will develop and distribute ERO-branded marketing materials (either electronic or hard copy) across a range of social media platforms, presentations, and events. The Marketing Coordinator will identify, coordinate, and track business development opportunities such as industry-relevant conferences, seminars, trainings, pre-bid meetings, and other opportunities for client contact. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, proven organizational skills, and the ability to work independently as well as with staff and clients across ERO’s service areas. The Marketing Coordinator reports to the Vice President (VP) of Business Development.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as marketing, communications, journalism, business, or graphic design.
- Three plus years of professional experience preferred in proposal preparation, marketing, or graphics/document production – preferably in the environmental, architectural, or engineering industry.
- Produce graphics for marketing materials and proposals using software such as InDesign or other relevant graphics software packages.
- Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Creative Cloud literacy.
- Manage ERO social media platforms, such as Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Coordinate with the proposal coordinator and VP of Business Development as needed to develop the ERO brand and market niche.
- Familiarity with environmental and infrastructure issues and projects in Colorado.
This is primarily an office-based position. Applicants must be physically capable and possess the skills necessary to perform all aspects of an office position, with reasonable accommodations.
Performance Expectations and Responsibilities
The Marketing Coordinator is required to conduct the tasks of this position safely, independently, and efficiently under the supervision of the VP of Business Development. The Marketing Coordinator is expected to work during regular office hours, and overtime is not expected. From time to time, extended hours or specific times may be required for conferences and events on nights and weekends, depending on staff availability and workload. The Marketing Coordinator is expected to conduct oneself in a professional manner in all work settings, representing ERO with respectful, courteous behavior and a positive workplace attitude.
The approximate work breakdown for the Marketing Coordinator is as follows:
- 25% of time to conference/marketing budget oversight.
- 25% of time to marketing outreach and opportunity identification.
- 25% of time to graphics (ERO branding materials, templates/layouts, etc.).
- 25% of time to communications (social media, website, email blasts).
Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 suite and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Ability to clearly and confidently communicate with clients, partners, and internal colleagues.
- Responsive customer service approach to ERO internal staff and external clients.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and individuals throughout ERO.
- Understand individual staff and specialist roles to effectively communicate ERO’s capabilities with existing or potential clients.
- Confidence working with a high level of autonomy.
- Ability to manage business expenses in a thoughtful and responsible manner.
Salary Range $65K – $75K
If you are qualified for this position in ERO’s Denver office, please email a cover letter, resume describing your education and experience, and how you heard about this job posting, to opportunities by 11/12/2021. Adobe pdf format preferred. No phone inquiries please; you will receive an email notifying you that ERO has received your application. Only potential candidates will be contacted for interviews. Applicants selected for interviews will be asked to provide at least three references.
ERO participates in e-verify and preemployment background screening services. ERO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans to apply. For more information about ERO, visit our website at www.eroresources.com.
1842 N. Clarkson Street | Denver, CO 80218
303.830.1188 O | www.eroresources.com
Stay tuned on our web site to see how we celebrate our 40th Year!
ERO is DBE, MWBE, and SBE certified in Colorado.