ERO Resources Corporation (ERO), an environmental consulting firm headquartered in Denver, Colorado, is seeking a Cultural Resource Seasonal Technician for our Denver office for the fall – winter 2021 to 2022. We are a team of natural and cultural resource consultants with offices in Denver, Durango, and Hotchkiss, Colorado. Our expertise in science and planning provides an approach to the environment that balances development with natural and cultural resources protection.
Cultural Resource Seasonal Technicians assist in the identification, evaluation, and treatment of cultural resources. Technicians are responsible for applying technical skills in archaeology to assist project managers and senior level staff with all tasks related to fieldwork and reporting in the cultural resources department. This is primarily a field position and is seasonal through early 2022 as work is available. Applicants for this position are expected to be physically capable of performing fieldwork tasks associated with survey, testing, and excavation. Employment may be extended beyond early 2022 if mutually agreeable.
Due to being a federal contractor ERO must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 which requires all employees, including fully remote workers, be vaccinated or receive a formal accommodation by December 8th.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in anthropology or related social science field
- An accredited field school certification is preferred
- Three months of applicable experience, with preference for Colorado-based experience
The project areas may be located at high elevations in rugged terrain. Applicants must be physically capable and possess the skills necessary to perform all aspects of fieldwork including strenuous hiking with a backpack in rugged terrain up to 10 miles a day, collecting digital data, completing standard resource forms, performing in-field artifact analysis, and taking photographs.
Performance Expectations and Responsibilities
Cultural Resource Seasonal Technicians will conduct the above tasks safely, independently, and efficiently under the immediate supervision of a crew chief, field director, or project manager. Technicians must be able to work variable hours, long days, early mornings, holidays, and weekends as the work dictates. Overtime is likely during periods of extensive fieldwork and will be compensated at time and a half.
Expected Field Duties
- Support the crew chief, field director, and project manager with all requested field tasks
- Follow the Safety Plan and guidelines
- Drive a company vehicle to the project area, sometimes in 4WD situations
- Collect digital and spatial data with tablets, digital cameras, and GPS units
- Complete digital or hard copy field forms (state site forms and artifact analysis forms)
- Hike and survey with a backpack in rugged terrain up to 10 miles a day
- Assist with testing, including excavating 10 or more shovel tests in a single day using hand tools and shovels, lifting 50-pound buckets, and conducting in-field sediment analysis and screening
- Record accurate detailed notes, digital photography, and mapping
Expected Post-Field Duties
- Unload and organize equipment
- Upload or transfer all field data, as directed
- Enter site form data into ERO’s Microsoft Access Site Form database
- Assist with completion of resource documentation, as directed
- Perform artifact washing, flotation, data entry, artifact analysis, artifact curation preparation, and other duties, as requested
If you are qualified for this position, please email a cover letter and resume describing your education and experience to opportunities by October 29, 2021. PDF format is required. No phone inquiries please; you will receive an email notifying you that ERO has received your application. Only potential candidates will be contacted for interviews. Applicants selected for interviews will be asked to provide at least three references.
The hourly wage range is $20.43-$24.00 commensurate with experience. Colorado residents with in-state experience are preferred. ERO offers a hybrid work arrangement but would like the preferred candidate to be based in the Denver-metro area.
ERO participates in e-verify and pre-employment background screening services. ERO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans to apply. For more information about ERO, visit our website at www.eroresources.com.
1842 N. Clarkson Street | Denver, CO 80218
303.830.1188 O | www.eroresources.com
Stay tuned on our web site to see how we celebrate our 40th Year!
ERO is DBE, MWBE, and SBE certified in Colorado.