Hi COSA Community,
Mines students need your engineering design problems.
Each semester, Mines students solve open-ended, experiential design problems proposed by community and non-profit organizations, government agencies and departments, and private companies. Our students work on many types of projects, including:
- Product development (prototype build)
- Process improvements (system, materials, traffic)
- Plan conceptualization (reclamation, sites, buildings)
What makes our Cornerstone and Capstone Design teams unique:
- Our students are solving problems by proposing a design solution, informed by stakeholder engagement and research
- Students work in multidisciplinary teams (utilizing disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, civil, environmental, design engineering, engineering physics, computer science, and materials science)
- Projects are scoped for either Capstone Senior Design teams (two full semesters) or Cornerstone Design (a single semester) based on the complexity of the problem being solved
Recent civil and environmental engineering projects have included:
|Wupatki National Monument Stormwater Management Solution – Capstone Senior Design
This project provides a design solution to manage stormwater from large storms at the Wupatki National Monument in Flagstaff, AZ.
|Water Solutions for the Khumbu Valley, Nepal – Capstone Senior Design
|Hine Lake Fishing Pier – Capstone Senior Design
If you or someone you know has a project idea, please visit our website https://eds.mines.edu/project-sponsorship/ where all potential clients can review the requirements and take the first steps toward submitting their projects. We are especially in need of projects for Mechanical Engineering students.
The deadline for submitting Capstone Senior Design project ideas is November 10 and December 10 for Cornerstone.
COLORADOSCHOOLOFMINES | mines.edu
Stakeholder Relations Manager, EDS
303-384-2483 | mkurtz
We need engineering design projects for student teams! Teams start on new projects every semester. We are currently recruiting projects to start in January, 2022. Learn more here.