Dear COSA Community,
Mile High Youth Corps’ Land Conservation Program is currently seeking young adults (ages 18-24) who are interested in combating climate change and are considering pursuing a career in natural resource management. Summer of Service Corpsmember positions are based out of Denver and Colorado Springs and begin on May 9 and May 23, 2022 and finish on August 12, 2022.
All members will receive the following benefits:
· A paid stipend starting at $960 biweekly before taxes.
· An education award of $1,678.57 can be used to pay tuition, pay back qualifying student loans or go on an expedition through a wilderness school.
· Student Loan Forbearance – Possible through the National Service Trust on qualifying federal government student loans.
· Counseling – Corpsmembers receive up to 4 free mental health counseling sessions per year.
· Networking – Corpsmembers have opportunities to network with federal, state and local natural resources professionals and access to a vast alumni network!
· Training – Depending on crew assignments, Corpsmembers will receive training in one or more stewardship skillsets, including S-212 Wildland Fire Chainsaws, trail building and maintenance, and pesticide application.
See the attached flyers for more information. Please share in your networks and send any interested young adults here! https://www.milehighyouthcorps.org/apply-now/
Associate Director: Land Conservation | Mile High Youth Corps
303-433-1206 | Ext. 230
1801 Federal Blvd. | Denver, CO 80204
417 E Vermijo Ave. | Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Pronouns | He/Him/His (what is this?)