Hi COSA friends,
Thorne Nature Experience is hiring! We have several job openings for full time positions starting in the fall.
Thorne Nature Experience is a non-profit organization committed to building Earth stewardship by connecting youth to nature through joyful, place-based, hands-on experiences. Founded in 1954, Thorne has a rich history and has reached more than 300,000 children and adults through its programs in and around Boulder County.
1. Thorne Nature Experience Environmental Educator
· Thorne Environmental Educators work year-round to foster deep nature connection through joyful, place-based, hands-on experiences. Educators teach and support elementary aged students in Thorne’s In-School, After School, Field Trip, Summer Camp, and Community Programs.
2. Thorne Nature Experience AmeriCorps Educator and Nature Preschool AmeriCorps Assistant Teacher
· Led by the Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education (CAEE), the Environmental Education Corps (eeCorps) Program places AmeriCorps members at organizations throughout Colorado. At Thorne Nature Experience, eeCorps member will serve collaboratively with Thorne staff to implement programs for elementary aged students or preschool students to promote nature connection in area youth. Members gain essential experience in the environmental education field to launch them into their career!
3. Thorne Nature Preschool Lead and Assistant Teachers
· Thorne Nature Preschool is built on the simple belief that kids grow better in nature. The Thorne Nature Preschool Teachers supports the well-being of the children in the preschool program and nurtures whole child development. The Nature Preschool Team develops and implements seasonal, place-based, emergent curriculum that promotes early childhood development and deep nature connection.
4. Thorne Nature Experience Summer Camp Staff
· Thorne’s Summer Camp Instructors take their love of nature to the next level! With over 60 years of expertise leading outdoor programs, we combine the best activities of summer into one camp. Thorne’s instructors are fun, passionate, collaborative, and love being outside in nature with youth! Part time and full time seasonal positions are available for June-August.
For full job descriptions, please check out our website: https://thornenature.org/get-involved/employment/
Maggie Vest Engelman
School Programs Manager
Thorne Nature Experience
1466 N. 63rd Street
Boulder, CO 80303
303.499.3647 ext. 103