Hello COSA community,
The City of Aurora’s Open Space and Natural Resources division is happy to announce a maintenance worker position at the Plains Conservation Center.
The Plains Conservation Center is a nature preserve and educational center encompassing 1100 acres of shortgrass prairie. The center teaches people of all ages about prairie ecology and cultural history. We strive to connect people to nature and inspire stewardship of our natural resources.
We are seeking a motivated, positive individual with a passion to learn and excel. Someone who wants to give back to nature, be a steward of the environment, and support our educational staff in connecting others with our natural resources.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs open space/natural resource improvements, equipment maintenance, trail maintenance, routine facility maintenance including janitorial duties
- Performs snow removal and sanding according to City standards
- Properly operates and maintains equipment
- Assists in special project implementation
- Provides support and assistance to outside agencies who regularly provide cultural and natural resource education programming at the site
- Provides information to the public regarding uses, rules, regulations, and fees
- Coordinates the work activities of seasonal employees and volunteers
- Maintains and monitors various records
- Assists in resolving complaints and concerns from citizens and senior staff
- Assists with educational and interpretative programs related to natural resources and cultural history
- Farm animal care
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
If this opportunity sounds appealing to you, please click here to learn more and apply.
Feel free to forward this opportunity to anyone you think may want to be a part of our team!
For the prairie,
Natural Resource Specialist
Parks, Recreation and Open Space (PROS) Department | City of Aurora
Office 303.326.8380 I Mobile 505.440.4241