Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education‘s eeCorps program has added some new AmeriCorps positions to start this fall and winter, with a few more to be added soon. AmeriCorps members serving with the eeCorps provide direct service to improve outcomes in environmental stewardship and education by serving with environmental education (EE) organizations throughout Colorado. Throughout their service, members serving with the eeCorps focus on increasing environmental literacy for PreK-12 students and implementing the goals of the Colorado Environmental Education Plan through field trips, in-school and outreach programs, overnight backpacking and camping trips, climbing and biking instruction, summer camps, and so much more.
During their terms, members receive a living allowance and ample opportunities for professional development and networking within the EE community and earn an education award upon successful completion of their service.
If you or someone you know might be interested, please see/share the currently recruiting positions linked below for details, visit CAEE’s website to see the list as additional positions are added, or reach out with any questions!
Currently recruiting eeCorps positions:
- Environmental Educator at Bird Conservancy of the Rockies in Brighton – housing provided!
- Education & Interpretation Program Assistant at Barr Lake State Park in Brighton
- Environmental Educator at Thorne Nature Experience in Boulder
- Program Coordinator & Garden Educator at Garden to Table in Boulder
- SPREE Community Outreach Officer at The Greenway Foundation in Denver (~25 hours/week, 900 minimum hours overall)