The City of Longmont is hiring Temporary/Seasonal Parks and Open Space Rangers for a March 1 start date.
Link to Job Description and Application: City of Longmont Temp Parks and Open Space Ranger
JobAnnouncement 20230043 Temporary Parks & Open Space Ranger
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
APPLY ONLINE AT LONGMONTCOLORADO.GOV/JOBS
Department: External Services
Division: Parks & Natural Resources
Hiring Range: $20.63 – $22.92/hour
Various shifts (based on department need)
Weekends, nights, and holidays required
Part Time Temporary Benefits include: Benefits required by law are included such as Jury & Witness Duty, Sick Leave, Social Security, and Medicare.
Open Until Filled positions may close without advance notice. To be considered, please apply as soon as possible.
Temporary Park Rangers will provide resource protection, community outreach and education, and public safety on City of Longmont parks, open space, greenways, and public lands
· Patrol Union Reservoir, McIntosh Lake, City of Longmont parks, greenways, open space, and public lands to ensure visitor safety and resource protection.
· Provide education and enforcement of the rules and regulations of reservoir and public lands, investigate violations, and write municipal summonses as required.
· Operate a wide variety of equipment used in the maintenance and management of parks, open space, and public lands. Interact with park visitors to provide direction and customer service.
· Perform daily patrols which can include hiking, biking, boating, UTVs, or vehicles.
· Resolve visitor conflicts and problem-solve issues at parks.
· Provide first aid and coordinate emergency medical responses.
· Perform boating assists and rescues.
· Inspect incoming watercraft for Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS)
Work is performed outside most of the time, under varying and extreme weather conditions, and includes considerable walking and standing. Work includes exposure to noise, dust, pollen, gases and oils, solvents and occasionally chemicals including a variety of herbicides, fungicides, pesticides and fertilizers. Work requires the ability to communicate and work cooperatively with employees and the public. Incumbents are required to work weekends, holidays, and adjusted schedules as needed. Incumbents in this position must be able to meet the physical requirements necessary to do the job.
· Associate’s Degree in natural resource management, natural sciences, park and recreation management, criminal justice, or two years of directly related field experience in natural resource management, outdoor recreation, wildlife, fisheries, ecology, regulation enforcement, boat operation and emergency medical response.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Special Qualifications:
o Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency desirable
o Valid Colorado Driver’s License (Required)
o First Aid/AED/CPR (Required within 6 months of hire)
o OC Aerosol Spray (Required within 6 months of hire)
o Collapsible Baton (Required within 6 months of hire)
o Motor Boat Operation (Required within 6 months of hire)
The selection process will include complete job description review, personal interview, computer testing, background investigation, criminal background check, and substance screening.
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled An ONLINE APPLICATION is required. This job is Open Until Filled.
The online application process is available for this position on our website at www.longmontcolorado.gov/jobs. Resumes will be accepted in lieu of the full City Application; however, they must be submitted via the City application site for consideration. Open Until Filled positions may close without advance notice. To be considered, please apply as soon as possible. For more information, call (303) 651-8609.
Senior Parks and Open Space Ranger
City of Longmont
CELL 720-453-0682 | ranger office 303-772-1265
7 South Sunset Street | Longmont, Colorado 80501