The City of Longmont is hiring for Parks and Open Space Ranger I/II. This is a full-time position as a limited commission peace officer.
Parks and Open Space Rangers will provide resource protection, community outreach and education, and public safety on City of Longmont parks, open space, greenways, and public lands.
· Patrol Union Reservoir, McIntosh Lake, City of Longmont parks, greenways, open space, and public lands to ensure visitor safety and resource protection
· Provide education and enforcement of the rules and regulations of reservoir and public lands, investigate violations, and write municipal summonses as required
· Operate a wide variety of equipment used in the maintenance and management of parks, open space, and public lands
· Interact with park visitors to provide direction and customer service
· Perform daily patrols which can include hiking, biking, boating, UTVs, or vehicles
· Resolve visitor conflicts and problem-solve issues at parks
· Provide first aid and coordinate emergency medical responses
· Perform boating assists and rescues
· Inspect incoming watercraft for Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS)
· Assist the Sr. Parks & Open Space Ranger and Parks & Open Space Ranger II in training new FTE and temporary rangers
Bachelor’s Degree in natural resource management, natural sciences, park and recreation management, criminal justice, or directly related field and/or 3 years of experience in natural resource management, outdoor recreation, wildlife, fisheries, ecology, regulation enforcement, boat operation and emergency medical response.
Special Qualifications: Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency preferred. Valid Colorado Driver’s License required. Following licenses and certifications required within one year of hire: EMR, OC Aerosol Spray, Collapsible Baton, Motor Boat Operation, Naloxone administration, Mental Health First Aid
Special Qualifications: Following licenses and certifications required within 1 year of hire: City of Longmont Supervisor Training, Basic Wildland Fire (S-130, S-190, L-180), Chainsaw Certification (S-212)
Senior Parks and Open Space Ranger
City of Longmont
CELL 720-453-0682 | ranger office 303-772-1265
7 South Sunset Street | Longmont, Colorado 80501