Bernalillo County Open Space in Albuquerque, New Mexico is looking for a Resource Specialist to join our small, but growing team.
Click here for the position description and to apply, or visit governmentjobs.com/careers/bernco and search for “open space”.
The Open Space Resource Specialist will research, develop, monitor, analyze, and implement a broad range of protection and conservation measures for natural and cultural-related resources in support of various parks, open spaces, trails, and related programs. The Resource Specialist will also prepare and provide outdoor and environmental education resources and coordinate and collaborate with County departments and non-County local, state, and federal agencies.
Specific projects that may be undertaken by the Resource Specialist include:
- Serve as point person for several County open spaces
- Liaise with partner organizations completing conservation, education, and monitoring activities on open space lands
- Coordinate field trips and service-learning activities
- Assist with implementing open space management plans
- Manage the Master Naturalist program and other educational/recreational initiatives
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining trails
For more information, visit openspace.
Please share this announcement with friends and colleagues and note the closing date of May 26, 2023.
Open Space Program Coordinator