Hello COSA community! Please see below for an outstanding funding opportunity for local governments, land trusts, and open space organizations.
GOCO announces up to $1.2 Million for Youth Corps Projects on Land Trust, Open Space, & Local Government Properties
Great Outdoors Colorado (GOCO) and Colorado Youth Corps Association (CYCA) are pleased to announce a $1.2 million grant opportunity for open space, local government, and land trusts to hire conservation corps! Please note: in addition to public parks, open spaces, and private lands protected by conservation easement, corps projects may occur on federal lands.
The RFP is attached to this email and on the homepage of www.cyca.org. The application deadline is Wednesday, July 26th at 4:00 PM; we strongly encourage early submissions. Successful projects will be announced in December 2023 and crews will complete the proposed work in 2024. Applicants can apply for corps crews (ages ~14 to ~25) to complete stewardship projects including (but NOT limited to):
· Trail construction and maintenance
· Tamarisk, Russian olive, and other invasive species mitigation – chainsaw crews, including pesticide/herbicide application, are available
· Fence installation and de-construction
· Wildlife habitat improvement
· Riparian restoration
· Fire fuels mitigation with clear outcomes that include enhancing or restoring open space, wildlife habitat, or improving ecosystems – chainsaw crews are available
To find the corps that serves your area, go to ssegerstrom or 303-863-0604 with questions. Thank you!
Colorado Youth Corps Association
1640 Grant Street, Suite 210
Denver, CO 80203
(303) 863-0604 office
Subscribe to The Corps Report (monthly e-news)
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
The Colorado Youth Corps Association promotes youth development & conservation by strengthening Colorado corps.