Positions are filling up, but there are still some openings to serve as an AmeriCorps member this fall as part of Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education‘s eeCorps program. AmeriCorps members serving with the eeCorps serve at environmental education organizations around the state, providing direct service to improve outcomes in environmental stewardship through education. Throughout their service, members serving with the eeCorps focus on increasing environmental literacy for PreK-12 students and implementing the goals of the Colorado Environmental Education Plan through field trips, in-school and outreach programs, overnight backpacking and camping trips, climbing and biking instruction, summer camps, and so much more.
During their terms, members receive a living allowance and ample opportunities for professional development and networking within the EE community and earn an education award upon successful completion of their service. Curious to know more about what you might get to do and experience as a member? Click here to read stories from current members!
If you or someone you know might be interested, please see/share the currently recruiting positions linked below for details, visit CAEE’s website to see the list as additional positions are added, or reach out with any questions!
Currently recruiting eeCorps positions:
Unless otherwise specified, all positions are 1700 hour minimum terms beginning 9/5/23 and ending 8/15/24.
- AmeriCorps Educator at Thorne Nature Experience in Boulder
- Environmental Educator at Bluff Lake Nature Center in Denver
- Education Associate at CSU Spur in Denver
- Nature Educator at Wild Bear Nature Center in Nederland
- Food System Education Program Assistant at School Food Project in Boulder
- Bridging Mountains Environmental Education Technician at Mountain Studies Institute in Durango
- Fall Environmental Educator at Catamount Institute in Colorado Springs (900hr term, 9/5/23-2/29/24)