Positions are available starting this fall/winter to serve as an AmeriCorps member as part of Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education‘s eeCorps program. AmeriCorps members serving with the eeCorps serve at environmental education organizations around the state, providing direct service to improve outcomes in environmental stewardship through education. Throughout their service, members serving with the eeCorps focus on increasing environmental literacy for PreK-12 students and implementing the goals of the Colorado Environmental Education Plan through field trips, in-school and outreach programs, overnight backpacking and camping trips, skiing and biking instruction, summer camps, and so much more.
During their terms, members receive a living allowance and ample opportunities for professional development and networking within the EE community and earn an education award upon successful completion of their service. Curious to know more about what you might get to do and experience as a member? Click here to read stories from current members!
If you or someone you know might be interested, please see/share the currently recruiting positions linked below for details, visit CAEE’s website to see the list as additional positions are added, or reach out with any questions!
Currently recruiting eeCorps positions:
- Outdoor Educator at the Nature Connection in Hotchkiss (1200hr term, 11/1/23-6/30/24, or ASAP) — housing provided!
- Environmental Educator at Bird Conservancy of the Rockies in Brighton (1200hr term, 12/16/23-8/15/24) — housing provided!
- Environmental Educator at Denver Audubon in Littleton (900hr term, 2/16-8/15/24)
- Environmental Educator at Catamount Institute in Colorado Springs (900hr term, 2/16-8/15/24)
- Education Associate at CSU Spur in Denver (900hr term, 2/16-8/15/24) — housing provided!