DUE IN TWO WEEKS: $1 Million for Youth Corps Projects on Land Trust, Open Space, & Local Government Properties
Great Outdoors Colorado (GOCO) and the Colorado Youth Corps Association (CYCA) are pleased to announce a $1 million grant opportunity for open space, local government, and land trusts to hire conservation corps! Two exciting things to call to your attention:
- In addition to public parks, open spaces, and private lands protected by conservation easement, corps projects can now occur on federal lands.
- GOCO has doubled this pot of funding from $500,000 to $1M for 2021 projects!
The RFP can be found attached to this email and www.cyca.org. The application deadline is Thursday, Sept. 17, 2020 at 4:00 PM and we strongly encourage early submissions. Successful projects will be announced in December 2020 and crews will complete the proposed work in 2021. Applicants can apply for youth corps crews (ages 16-35) to complete a variety of stewardship projects including (but NOT limited to):
· 2 week project minimum
· Trail construction and maintenance
· Tamarisk, Russian olive, and other invasive species mitigation – chainsaw crews, including pesticide/herbicide application, are available
· Fence installation and de-construction
· Wildlife habitat improvement
· Riparian restoration
· Fire Fuels mitigation – chainsaw crews available
To find the corps that serves your area, go to ssegerstrom or 303-863-0604 with questions.
Colorado Youth Corps Association
1640 Grant Street, Suite 210
Denver, CO 80203
(303) 863-0604 office
Subscribe to The Corps Report (monthly e-news)
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
The Colorado Youth Corps Association promotes youth development & conservation by strengthening Colorado corps.