The City of Boulder Parks and Recreation Department’s Natural Lands team is happy to present this job opportunity.
Maintenance Person III – Natural Lands Specialist
- Salary: $18.85 – $23.30 Hourly
- Location: Boulder, CO
- Job Type: Full-Time with Benefits
OVERALL JOB OBJECTIVES:
Under limited supervision, maintains the health, safety and aesthetics of natural areas throughout the Parks and Recreation system. Performs natural resource related maintenance and operations on City of Boulder Parks and Recreation natural lands including staff collaboration, project completion and program assistance. Performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the areas of natural lands maintenance, Integrated Pest Management (IPM), restoration, wildlife management, equipment operation, community engagement, and performs related duties as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs technical and mostly field based natural lands functions including tasks in the areas of natural lands maintenance, IPM, restoration, wildlife management, and community engagement across the Parks & Recreation system to ensure safe and efficient operations, including the following:
· Implements best management practices for the removal of noxious weeds by utilizing assorted mechanical methods (digging, hand pulling, whipping, tractor and mower operation, etc.), chemical control (backpack and UTV spraying, wicking, etc.), cultural practices (planting, burning, etc.), and assists with biological control (insects, animals).
· Performs and/or coordinates prairie dog management tasks including surveys, colony monitoring, mapping, installing and maintaining barriers, and potentially trapping and relocation.
· Utilizes GIS, GPS, and tablet technologies to collect field data and uses ArcGIS platform to add and manage data in established databases and creation of maps. Works with GIS staff to implement data into overall system.
· Performs and/or coordinates restoration projects such as native seed collection, re-seeding, mitigation work, and wildlife habitat enhancements.
· Performs and assists with research, monitoring, and data collection associated with various natural land management tasks (IPM, wildlife, etc.), data entry, and preparing of scientific reports.
· Performs and/or coordinates community engagement including public environmental education and outreach programs.
· Performs and/or coordinates regular maintenance and creation of natural lands and park infrastructure such as fencing, trails, restroom amenities, trash/litter removal, graffiti/vandalism removal, signs, and other light construction.
· Performs and/or coordinates various urban wildlife management tasks including surveys, addressing wildlife concerns for projects, assisting with closures and adhering to best management practices.
· Works closely with and may direct non-standard employees, volunteers, community service workers, jail crew workers or others. This may include providing work instruction and task assignment, communicating job expectations, providing appropriate feedback on performance to manager, correcting problems with work habits or safety issues, ensuring adherence to City and Department policies, and the accuracy of reported time use.
· Assists with data management and makes recommendations for program and project improvements. Maintains records of work performed, materials and supplies utilized. Follows work orders. Orders, purchases, does safety checklists, and performs safety and equipment use/maintenance and inspections.
· Performs emergency response work for the city that may include; tree damage, flood response and recovery, and other emergencies.
For a full job description and to apply, please visit: Current Job Opportunities (bouldercolorado.gov)
Please pass this on to all who may be interested.
Joy P. Master
Natural Lands Program Coordinator
(pronouns: She/ Her/ Hers) What’s This?
Boulder Parks & Recreation
3198 Broadway | Boulder, CO 80304