Dear COSA Community,
This is a reminder that the COSA steering committee is currently recruiting up to 3 new steering committee members! Letters of interest are due March 9, 2022. As a steering committee member, you will work closely with open space professionals from around the state to plan the annual COSA conference, develop open space leadership, and promote outstanding open space projects and programs. This rewarding volunteer opportunity is a great way to give back to the open space community, share your ideas, and work with a diverse (and fun) team of open space professionals.
If you are interested in joining the steering committee, please consider the eligibility requirements and responsibilities outlined below.
- Must be a local government open space/open lands program employee with agency approval and support. We strive for broad representation of programs from across the state: large/small; city/county/district; geographically dispersed; and mature/new programs.
- Have fun working alongside open space professionals from across the state.
- Serve a 3-year term. Multiple terms may be served.
- Attend Steering Committee meetings (4 – 5 per year) and actively engage with at least one COSA subcommittee. Time requirements vary, depending on tasks, and are usually greatest in spring and late summer preparing for the fall conference. All members actively participate in the conference. Plan on a minimum commitment of 5 – 10 hours per month.
- Commit to support and funding from your agency.
- Contribute enthusiasm and energy for helping COSA evolve as an organization.
- Represent COSA at occasional statewide events as needed.
To apply for the steering committee, please send a letter of interest, including qualifications and proof of agency support, to Bevin Carithers atbcarithers by March 9, 2022. The steering committee will review applicants and appoint new members in early April. For additional information, please review the COSA website and position description below.
Don’t forget to mark your calendars for the annual COSA conference in Crested Butte from September 19 – 21, 2022. Participation will be limited, so start planning to attend today!