Do you have open space, natural resource management, or conservation expertise that you can share? We are seeking presentations for the 2019 COSA conference, which is themed “Past Reflections, Future Destinations – Celebrating 20 Years” This year’s conference will be heldSeptember 16-18, 2019 at the Steamboat Grand Hotel, in Steamboat Springs.
The deadline to submit your proposal is Friday, April 26th 2019.
In keeping with this year’s theme, we strongly encourage lessons learned, stories of inspiration and success, and innovative forward thinking topics:
In addition to sessions surrounding lessons learned, stories of inspiration and success, and innovative forward thinking proposals, the following ideas for session topics were requested by attendees following last year’s conference. (The COSA Steering Committee wants to encourage you to submit all session topics you feel will be engaging and expand our collective knowledge):
· Urban open space and small program challenges and accomplishments
· Stewardship, restoration and trail projects; wildlife/natural resource management
· Oil and Gas; both sides of the conversation
· Social Media and Politics of Open Space
· GIS technology in land management; advanced acquisitions strategies; research and monitoring
· Generation WILD project updates; grant writing and management
Think creatively! What are you and your partners doing that will inspire others?
Workshops are 60 or75 minutes in length, expect roughly 20-40 people in attendance per session (overall conference attendance is expected to top 300 people). Preference will be given to interactive presentations that invite dialogue, discussion, and constructive debate.
Please use this link to submit session proposals: ColoradoOpenSpace.org/rfp
All proposals are due by close of business on Friday, April 26, 2019.
COSA Steering Committee