ENOR Environmental Discovery Campis a nationally recognized, award-winning educational program sponsored by the CSU Jefferson County 4-H program. ENOR has been offering outdoor, experiential learning experiences for elementary aged children for 48 years.
We are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic individuals to join our team. The ideal candidate must be able to able to guide campers through experiential learning experiences, in a safe and caring environment, possess stellar customer service skills, and be a supportive team player. The camp takes place at various public lands. The day is a combination of hiking and planned activities following curriculum designed for each grade level. Currently hiring for all grade levels.
2022 Dates: June 6 – July 15 (no camp the week of July 4th – 8th)
Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. daily, Monday through Friday
Positions hiring: education staff for 4th -8th grade camps
More program information: https://jeffco.extension.colostate.edu/4-h/4-h-summer-camps/
Position Minimum Qualifications
- Must hold a degree in elementary, early childhood, or environmental education or have 3 months full-time or equivalent (460 hours) verifiable experience working with children. (Applicants that do not hold an applicable degree, must submit letters of experience verification)
- Ability to hike moderate to difficult trails
- Certification in First Aid/CPR or ability to obtain certification before camp (a class will be offered)
- Must be at least 18 years of age, due to childcare licensing requirements
- Available to work 5 weeks of employment
- Strong background in natural sciences, environmental education
- Some knowledge of outdoor safety skills and Leave No Trace techniques
4-H Camp Coordinator
New Business Hours – Closed Mondays
CSU Extension has switched to a four-day business week and is closed on Mondays starting January 3, 2021. I will respond to emails/requests that come in on Mondays as soon as I am able to do so. Thanks!